Sunday, January 9, 2011

Can anyone be their own kryptonite?

So asks this newly-hooked Superman-geek (courtesy: Smallville). Clark Kent would always run when he came in close proximity of any kryptonite stuff. He was smart. That’s why he got to be Superman I guess!

How do you step away from something so tempting, that you almost can feel the evil radiating out of it? You know that it’s gonna cause you so much misery for a moment’s worth of bliss, but still you go there. But that momentary bliss! It’s almost like the peaking ecstasy of an addict, even while the drug is slowly eating away his inside. And like the hardcore self-destructive “love”-junkie that I am, I admit that I am more than willing to sacrifice my entire life’s worth of peaceful existence for this momentary rush.

That’s why I am my own kryptonite.

No comments: